We value the role of family in education and aim to work alongside our parents and carers every step of the way.
The Family Links role is to liaise with teachers and other staff to help meet the needs of those children who might struggle to overcome barriers to learning both inside and outside of school in order to achieve their full potential.
Importantly, it also includes the offer of support to any of our parents and carers.
My name is Mrs Young, I am the Family Links worker here at Newington.
My role is incredibly broad and is designed to offer support where it is needed. This may include:
- pupils with social and emotional needs
- raise levels of self esteem
- support school targets for attendance and punctuality
- work with children during transition periods
- develop mental health awareness in accordance with Headstart
- support families in need of early intervention.