Ethos & Values
Our Mission Statement is:
'To inspire young people to make their best better'
Our Vision is:
'To help students achieve world class learning outcomes by developing world class teachers in a world class community'
Our ambition is to ensure that our students have every opportunity to fulfil their potential, broaden their horizons and become active, prosperous and successful citizens in the world around them.
We are committed to doing everything we can to ensure that our students can, in the future, compete on the world stage with the skills, confidence and flair to generate new ideas and new initiatives, and thereby make a full contribution to today and tomorrow’s worlds.
Key Area 1 - Leadership and Management:
- Improved leadership at all levels, including development of potential leaders to challenge in partnership with Governing Body and Sponsor
- Market the Academy effectively to primary schools, increasing future intake numbers
- Develop and support Academy curriculum needs including new assessment changes
Key Area 2 - Achievement and Attainment:
- To improve all outcomes at all key stages but most notably for PPG students and the More Able
- To ensure that progress at all key stages is improved so that it at least matches the flight path for national rates of progress in English and Maths, most notably for PPG students and the More Able
- To implement the new grading system in years 7-11
Key Area 3 - Teaching and Learning:
- Emphasis on Teaching and Learning being at the core of what we do
- Teachers engaged in personalised CPD
- SONAR embedded
Key Area 4 - Behaviour and Student support:
- Increase attendance for all year groups and reduce PA figure to above national average
- Manage incidents/behaviour at all levels effectively with consistent whole school approaches
- Raise awareness of SMSC and continue to improve the use of tutor time
- Improve student voice
Key Area 5 - Sixth Form:
- Increased NOR (120+ from both academies) and retention (50%) into Year 12.
- All KS5 lessons to be observed as good or better. Increased use of data dashboard for KS5 to triangulate observations, book looks and learning walks.