Junior Leadership Team
What is Junior Leadership Team?
Junior Leadership Team (JLT) is a group of children who meet each week to discuss issues within the school. There is one Junior Leadership Team member from each class in Key Stage 2.
Why do we have a Junior Leadership Team?
- To improve the school according to the children's point of view.
- To make sure each class has a platform to voice their opinions.
- To discuss and raise issues.
Each member meets with Miss Kalley (JLT Lead) most Friday's. The issues are then raised in the meetings and we discuss how to move forward with these ideas. We carry out surveys and votes within their classes so that each class’ opinion is represented. These opinions are then fed back to the council and the opinion of the majority is taken forward.
Vision and Values
To create a vibrant, pupil centred atmosphere at Montgomery Primary Academy where pupils, engage, actively, participate and direct the development of Montgomery Primary Academy.
- To empower students and give them a voice at Montgomery Primary Academy
- To help improve pupil life at school.
- To make changes.
- To ensure an enjoyable learning experience.
- Improve the atmosphere and environment.
- To bring students together, one body to represent all pupils.
- Establish connections between Montgomery Primary Academy and Percy Shurmer Academy
- Generate new ideas.
- Sharing ideas and working towards achieving goals together.
- Everyone is treated with respect and dignity, promoting equality of opportunity and embracing diversity.
- Valuing learning to help everyone thrive and realise their goals.
- Success is at the heart of what we do.
- Celebrate success, innovation, creativity and high performance.