Mental Health and Well Being
At Lea Forest Primary Academy, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and well-being of our pupils and staff.
We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At Lea Forest we:
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they are valued individuals
- encourage children to be confident and ‘push their limits’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- promote the importance of being kind and working together
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships and focus on teamwork to build community links.
How We Support Mental Health and Well Being
Updated March 2020