Free School Meals & Travel
Eating at the Academy
Students will only be allowed to bring the following drinks into the Academy:
- Plain water (still)
- Flavoured water (still)
- Milk (flavoured, coloured milk is not allowed)
The Academy will also only sell the drinks above. The water and flavoured water must be clear and see through. These items must be in a clear plastic bottle. These are the only types of drinks that are acceptable within the Academy.
Free School Meals
Your child may be eligible to receive free school meals if you are entitled to receive one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- An income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA(IR()
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided that you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, assessed by HM Revenue and Customs, that from 6 April 2009 does not exceed £16,190)
Savings for your family
If you are currently paying for your child's school meals, you could make savings of around £350 per annum if your child qualifies.
All pupils who live in Hull and attend a school within the city, or their nearest school, will be entitled to a free bus pass if:
- they are aged under eight years and live two or more miles from school (shortest safe walking route)
- they are aged eight to 16 years and live three or more miles from school (shortest safe walking route)
Free bus passes will also be available to pupils from low-income families (i.e. those who qualify for free school meals or who are in receipt of the maximum level of Working Tax Credit) as follows:
- pupils aged 8 to 11 years attending their nearest school which is two miles or more from home (shortest safe walking route)
- pupils aged 11 to 16 years attending one of their three nearest schools which is between two and three miles from home (shortest safe walking route)
- pupils attending the nearest suitable school preferred on the grounds of religion or belief where they live between two and 15 miles from that school
To apply for a free bus pass, please complete and return the application form available to the right of this page.
Pupils not entitled to a free bus pass can take advantage of the concessionary fares scheme we run in partnership with the bus companies.
Secondary school concessions
We operate a scheme in conjunction with the bus companies to enable all children to travel for a reduced fare within the city boundary.
The scheme does not require the children to carry a pass to receive a reduced fare. The fares vary according to operator, and are subject to change without notice.