CEIAG for Key Stage 4
Key Stage 4 is known as Year 10 and Year 11, when pupils are aged between 14 and 16. Year 11 is an important year and crossroads for many students. This is the year where students have to decide on whether they will stay on at school or leave school to pursue another pathway.
Kingsley Academy will offer access to impartial careers support and guidance for all students within KS4. They will receive the following:
- Career interviews for Year 11 students with SMART Action plan to plan their next steps
- All students will have access to an impartial dedicated careers adviser.
- Regular bespoke Bite size career talk throughout the year during tutor time by a professional careers adviser
- College presentations
- Visit to a local university
- Information on college open days
- Support with applications
- Targeted work with vulnerable students
By the end of KS4 all students will have:
- Enhanced their self-knowledge, career management and employability skills.
- Used key websites and other resources to investigate and explore future choices and progression routes.
- Understand the full range of post 16 options available to them.
- Clearer understanding of apprenticeships.
- Been provided with the resources to complete the post-16 application process, including CV’s, personal statements, and preparation for interview.