Key Stage 4
A message from Year 10 Year Leader: Mr D Eustace
With Year 10 upon us, it’s hugely important that students, staff and families are all working together to give our children the best possible platform to achieve their targets. The next 2 years will be very important in your child's education so far. I will continue to be their Year Leader and the tutors for each tutor group will be as follows:
10P - Ms F Ewas & Ms K Kapila (Wednesday)
10Q - Ms S Idris & Mr P Hook (Friday)
10R - Dr N Alaian (Monday, Tuesday & Thursday) & Mr O Omotayo (Wednesday & Friday)
10X - Mr M Bibby
10Y - Ms S Arkorful
10Z - Ms K Kemble & Ms H Syed (Monday & Friday)
During Year 10, there will be a wide range of initiatives in place to support your child’s progress over the academic term in the build to their exams including the following:
- Pre Public Examinations (PPEs)
- Half Term Revision Sessions
- Personalised Learning Checklists (PLCs)
- Revision Booklet/ Website Revision Resources
- Motivational Videos
- Motivational speakers
- Parental Engagement
- Targeted Assemblies / sessions
- University of Roehampton: Enriching young women – A programme that supports a cohort of young women throughout Years 10&11 to achieve their potential
- Motivational speakers – designed to focus students on achieving their aspirations
- Attendance close monitoring – students with attendance concerns placed on report for a specified period of time to raise attendance
- Year 10 GCSE Information evening
- Year 10 Subject Evening – an opportunity for parents/carers to meet with all teachers to discuss their child’s progress
- Two Progress Review Days – an opportunity for parents/carers to meet with their child’s form tutor and/or Year Leader to discuss their progress in all subjects and set targets for the coming year
The uniform remains the same but I wanted to remind you of some of the details:
- Students should have a bag that is suitable for carrying school books and all of their appropriate equipment
- Shoes should be plain black leather or leather-like material. Trainers, canvas shoes, pumps (gym shoes) and boots are not acceptable
- Trousers should be plain black and smart; leggings, skin tight trousers and jeans or jean-style trousers are not acceptable
- Skirts should be of a reasonable length, just above the knee or longer.
- The blazer, jumper and tie are regulation Kingsley Academy items which are on sale at ‘School Bells’ (Bell Road, Hounslow), along with the required PE kit.
- Our students continue to represent the academy around Hounslow and therefore dark coats (black or navy only) should be worn when the weather gets cooler. Other colour coats and hoodies are not acceptable. We have written to you several times already this year to say this, and are following the line of other local schools who have also adopted this policy of smart outdoor wear.
- Please note these requirements because your child is now in Year 10 and therefore are now positioned as role models for the younger year groups around them. It is considered absolutely unacceptable for Year 10 students not to observe the uniform rules. Please see the website for further details and pictures attached so that you can be sure that your child is wearing the correct item.
Please visit School Uniform & Equipment for Learning for more information.
Please check this page at regular intervals for key notices related to Year 10.