Parent & Advisory Community Board
The Parent and Community Board (PCAB) is a newly introduced supplementary/ sub-committee of the main Governing Body (GB), and reports to the governors through a short report and feedback from the Chair. Its aim is to involve parents and the wider community more regularly in the life of the school by listening to their voices and by using their skills, knowledge and contacts to further the educational and extracurricular opportunities of Kingsley students. It represents, in particular, our ‘C’ value: Caring for our Community.
- represents parents and the wider community
- promotes contributions to the academy from any stakeholder
- supports admissions and pupil disciplinary panels.
The membership of this Advisory Board must include:
- a minimum of TWO appointed parents (from unconnected families)
- other key people from the wider community, including local employers and voluntary organisations.
- The Headteacher
The Kingsley Academy Chair and Vice Chairs, elected from the members, are currently:
Niina Moliere-Palapa (Chair); Dot Hasler and Jean Kingshott (Vice Chairs).
Other members of Kingsley’s PCAB, which totals 16 people, include representatives from:
Local businesses (Barratts, Glaxo Smith Kline), Parents/carers, The Local Authority, Community police
The PCAB commitment
The PCAB is committed to:
- supporting Kingsley in its work with its current pupils
- encouraging its growth with local primaries and local parents/carers
- ensuring the voices of parents/carers are listened to
- working with our local community: shops, businesses, the Local Authority, for example
- promoting better communication between the school and its stakeholders using, for example, its website, tweets, MyEd, newsletters and Instagram.