AET Equality Objectives
Under the Equality Act 2010 public bodies must publish an equality objective or objectives. Academies Enterprise Trust have highlighted four key areas where we can tackle inequality for our pupils and students:
· To close the gap between boys and girls in English, Mathematics and Science at all key stages.
· To close the gap in performance of all pupils with special educational needs or disabilities.
· To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experiences both in and beyond the curriculum
· To prevent and respond to all hate incidents and prejudice-based bullying.
At Hamford Primary Academy we aim to promote high standards of behaviour, good personal relationships and respect for the individual whatever their gender, age, abilities, race, background or creed.
1) We welcome our duties under the Equality Act 2010 to eliminate discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations in relation to age (as appropriate), disability, ethnicity, gender, religion and sexual identity.
2) We welcome our duty under the Education and Inspections Act 2006 to promote community cohesion.
3) We recognise that these duties reflect international human rights standards as expressed in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, the UN Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities, and the Human Rights Act 1998.