- What did it mean to be British before 1066?
- Why is 1066 a significant date?
- To what extent did life change after 1066?
- Did Kings hold all the power in medieval England?
- Who really ruled England after 1485? (Tudors, Reformation, Civil War)
- When was the beginning of modern Britain? (William of Orange, Unification of Britain, Enlightenment, Culture)
- Why was the Industrial Revolution a period of such rapid change?
- British Empire/ Slavery
- To what extent has the USA been defined by the Civil Rights Movement?
- Was WW1 the disastrous result of European empirical ambition?
- Was WW2 a ‘just’ war?
- How should we define the 20 th century?
- Medicine Through Time
KS4 - Year 10 and 11
Edexcel History - Course Demands
Paper 1 : Thematic Study and Historic Environment
Written Exam - 1hr 15m (30% of GCSE)
Medicine in Britain, c1250–present and The British sector of the Western Front, 1914–18: injuries, treatment and the trenches.
Paper 2 : Period Study and British Depth Study
Written Exam - 1hr 45m (40% of GCSE)
Anglo-Saxon and Norman England, c1060–88
The American West, c1835–c1895
Paper 3: Modern Depth Study
Written Exam - 1hr 20m (30% of GCSE)
Weimar and Nazi Germany, 1918–39
Journalism, accountancy, media, the law, teaching, secretarial and business or as a general qualification for any career.