Initial Teacher Training
Our School Direct places are now open and are accepting applications. To view our courses please see below.
Please click each section below to learn more about our opportunities.
Mid-Essex Initial Teacher Training
Long-established teacher training provider, Mid-Essex Initial Teacher Training, has been recognised as 'outstanding' in all categories by Ofsted. Mid-Essex Initial Teacher Training (ITT) has been providing highly skilled teachers for local secondary schools for 25 years. Greensward is one of over 20 schools in the Mid-Essex ITT partnership which spans the county including Braintree, Brentwood, Chelmsford, Rochford and Thundersley.
Following a detailed two stage inspection process taking place in June and October 2017, Mid-Essex ITT was awarded the coveted 'outstanding' status in all categories including leadership, quality of training and outcomes. The inspectors supported Mid-Essex ITT’s judgement that most of its trainee teachers are outstanding in relation to what could reasonably expected from them at the end of their training. The inspection found the partnership is highly effective in training teachers to meet the needs of local schools. The report also highlighted that pupils respond eagerly and work cooperatively in classes.
Other key findings of the Ofsted report are:
- Consistently high employment rates, because trainees from the partnership are keenly sought by local schools.
- Mid-Essex produces confident classroom practitioners who are ready, as one headteacher put it, ‘to enter the profession as naturally inquisitive and reflective teachers’.
- Trainees’ and newly qualified teachers' effective management of pupils’ behaviour.
- The strategic leadership provided by local headteachers, which ensures the programme meets the needs of local schools.
- The excellent pastoral support for trainees.
To find out more about what they have to offer, visit their website: https://www.midessexteachertraining.com/