Greensward Academy Sixth Form 16 to 19 Tuition Fund Statement
The purpose of this statement is to set out how Greensward Academy will use its 16 to 19 tuition fund allocation to support students who have been academically disadvantaged due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
In July 2020, as part of post-lockdown ‘catch up’ initiatives, the ESFA announced that Sixth Forms will be allocated additional funding to support 16-18 year old students enrolling in September 2021 who have not achieved ‘good’ GCSE passes in Maths and English. Support can also be offered to those students whose general progress was hampered by the enforced time out of school and, as a result, are struggling to make the transition to Level 3 study. These students will be highlighted via the initial settling in checks and subsequent raising attainment (RAT) meetings.
How Greensward Academy Sixth Form will use the 16 to 19 tuition fund:
· Those students without a “good” pass in English and/or Maths to receive 2 x 1 hour per week dedicated teaching from a subject specialist
· Teaching will be to groups of no greater than 5 students
· Priority will be given to SEND students where appropriate
· Additional “booster” sessions offered after school to support GCSE English and/or Maths students in the run up to the examinations
· Students entered in October resit window where appropriate, with a second, fully funded resit in the summer
· Fully funded Online My Tutor opportunities for selected students, as highlighted via settling in checks and RAT meetings
· Fully funded Coach Bright online tutoring opportunities for selected students, as highlighted via settling checks and RAT meetings
· Weekly attendance monitoring for all sessions
· Students engaging with the scheme to be offered priority access to laptops and other technical support if needed