Greensward Academy is co-educational 11-19 comprehensive independent Academy and is, therefore, responsible for its own admissions arrangements. The DfE recommended standard number for entry into any one year is 270 students.
Students will be admitted at age 11 without reference to ability or aptitude. Where applications for admission exceed the number of places available, the following criteria will be applied:
- looked after children
- where the child has a brother or sister currently attending the academy at the closing date for applications, with a reasonable expectation that the older child will still be at the academy at the time the younger child is admitted. The final year for this purpose will be Year 13 or Year 11 if the sibling is not staying on to the Sixth Form.
- where the child attends one of the following partner primary schools: Ashingdon Primary Academy, Hockley Primary School, Plumberow Primary Academy or Westerings Primary Academy
- children of staff in either or both of the following circumstances:
- where the member of staff has been employed at the academy for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the academy is made and/or
- the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- by proximity of the child's home as the crow flies to the academy, with those living nearer being accorded the higher priority. This principle will also be used as a tie-breaker when the planned admissions number is reached within one of the earlier criteria. In the event of a tie-break for the distance criteria, names will be drawn out of a hat.
Number Intended to Admit: 225
Looked after children is defined as a ‘looked after child’ or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after, became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order. A looked after child is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (see the definition in section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989).
A sibling is defined as a child who has a brother, sister, adopted brother or sister or stepbrother or stepsister living in the same family unit in the same family household and address who attends Greensward Academy in any year group excluding the final year. Biological siblings who attend Greensward Academy in any year group excluding the final year will also be treated as siblings irrespective of place of residence. Children residing in the same household as part of an extended family, such as cousins, will not be treated as siblings.
All straight line distances are calculated electronically by the LA using data provided jointly by the Post Office and Ordnance Survey. The data plots the co-ordinates of each property and provides the address point between which straight line distance is measured and reported to three decimal places.
Greensward Academy's determined admission arrangements can be viewed here
September 2019 Intake
The application period for the September 2019 intake will open on 12 September 2018 and the statutory national closing date will be 31 October 2018.
To access information on how to apply for a place, please follow this link to the Essex website and the secondary education booklet: http://www.essex.gov.uk/Education-Schools/Schools/Admissions/Pages/Applications.aspx
Please contact Mrs D Camy, Admissions Officer/PA to Vice-Principal by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 01702 202571 ext 1259 if you have any queries.