CEIAG for KS4
Key Stage 4
Key Stage 4 is the legal term for the two years of school education which incorporate GCSEs, and other exams, in maintained schools in England normally known as Year 10 and Year 11, when pupils are aged between 14 and 16.
Firth Park Academy will offer the following careers support and guidance for all students within KS4. They will all receive the following:
- Consider undertaking a one week block work experience placement which focuses on students’ future career aspirations, where possible, allowing learning about work through the experience of work.
- Careers Fair in school day.
- College presentations.
- Careers Interview for every Year 11 student.
- Information on College ‘Open Days’.
- Support when completing College Application forms.
- Mock Interviews.
- Supported CV and Personal Statement sessions.
- Close monitoring of vulnerable students.
By the end of Key stage 4, all students will have:
- Enhanced their self-knowledge, career management and employability skills.
- Used ICT software and other sources of advice to investigate and explore future choices and progression routes.
- Considered the value of gaining experience of the ‘World of Work’ through a placement.
- Been given direct access to employers, colleges and training providers.
- Been given guidance to help identify a range of post-16 options and careers advice.
- Been provided with the resources to complete the post-16 application process, including CV’s, personal statements, and preparation for interview.
- Been given information about appropriate available funding
- Produced a challenging but realistic plan for their future learning and work, by relating their abilities, attributes and achievements to the goals they have set themselves.