Staff at Charles Warren Academy believe that homework is important for the following reasons:-
- Homework helps to reinforce and consolidate skills and understanding, particularly Literacy and Numeracy.
- Homework emphasises that learning does not only take place in school.
- There are opportunities for learning at home that do not exist at school, for example at home, children can work one-to-one with an adult.
- Taking work home for parents/carers to support helps to develop a partnership between the school and home and helps parents/carers to be informed and up-to-date with what their child is doing in school.
- Children are helped to develop the confidence and self-discipline to study on their own and be responsible for their own learning.
- Children are prepared for the requirements in all stages of their education and in older children preparing them for secondary education.
Responsibility for homework
- The teacher will set, review, assess and record homework for each child.
- The teacher will keep a homework register of work returned.
- The child to ensure that homework is recorded, completed and handed in on time.
- The parent/carer will ensure that homework is completed and where appropriate handed in.
Try these websites if you're stuck with your homework: