It is the academy policy for ALL children to wear our uniform.
This policy will be rigorously implemented. The children, staff, parents and Governors were involved in reviewing our uniform during summer 2010. Our policy on uniform is based on the notion that uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the academy in line with our ethos;
- engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the academy and its’ ethos;
- supports positive behaviour and discipline;
- is practical and smart;
- identifies the children with the academy and encourages identity with it;
- prevents children from coming to the academy in fashion or ‘designer’ label clothes that could be distracting in class or create a sense of competition;
- makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance and helps nurture cohesion between different groups of pupils;
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents;
- is designed with health and safety in mind.
All pupils are expected to wear the emerald uniform (in line with the Home/Academy/Pupil Agreement) from Nursery to Y6 for both PE and everyday wear, including when undertaking educational visits.
Wearing the uniform encourages a sense of school spirit and pride. The children also commented on how it made them feel like they ‘belonged’ when they wear it. The uniform supports our ‘Safeguarding’ procedures in school as our pupils are easily identifiable in the green uniform when in school or when on educational visits. It also removes the ‘discussion’ about what to wear each morning.
We source our uniform competitively to ensure best value for money.
Children can wear a selection of the following:
- Grey or black skirt / pinafore, shorts, trousers or non-branded plain jogging bottoms – No logo or stripes to be seen, No leggings, No jeans
- Emerald green checked pinafore dress
- White polo T-shirt, white shirt / blouse or Emerald green polo T-shirt
- Emerald green cardigan, sweatshirt, fleece (Y6s have the option to purchase a ‘Leavers’ hoodie to wear from the beginning of their final year with us)
- Smart, sensible shoes in dark colours –, shoes, flat-heeled boots or closed shoes - NO TRAINERS, flip-flops or open-toed shoes / boots with heels
- Tights and socks in white, cream, grey, black
- Only ‘stud’ earrings are acceptable and must be removed for all PE activities
PE kit – Academy PE Kit to consist of: plimsoles / trainers, socks, emerald green shorts and white T-shirt, track suit for outdoors if preferred - NO branded or 'fashion' items
School is not a fashion runway and pupils should ensure their hair is tidy and do not have extreme hairstyles or ‘fashion’ accessories – No ‘tramlines’, Mohican or No1 shaven hair, tied back if long enough to do so.
Where to purchase?
Our uniform range is available from our local stockist, Lollipops, Norfolk Place, Berwick Hill, telephone: 01642 225 827.
Book bags, complete PE kits including PE bag, hats, coats are also available.