Key Stage 3 Careers
CEIAG for Key Stage 3
Key Stage 3 (commonly abbreviated as KS3) is the legal term for the three years of schooling in maintained schools in England and Wales normally known as Year 7, Year 8 and Year 9, when pupils are aged between 11 and 14.
Bexleyheath Academy will offer the following Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) for all students within KS3:
- Support in all subject areas to understand subject-related careers
- Allotted time for CEIAG through the Human Studies curriculum
- Access to Fast Tomato careers software
- Year 9 parents/students will be invited to attend an options information evening
- Visiting speakers from the workplace will deliver assemblies.
By the end of KS3 all students will have:
- A better understanding of their strengths, achievements and weaknesses and support to evaluate how these might inform future choices in learning and work.
- A better understanding of the full range of 14-19 opportunities for progression.
- An understanding of some of the qualities, attitudes and skills needed for employability.
- Used online careers resources to research information about opportunities and apply their findings to help make informed choices for Key Stage 4 options.
- Received appropriate advice and guidance on Key Stage 4 options.