Life in Sixth Form
Bexleyheath Academy Sixth Form aims to provide a structure and supportive environment where students flourish and develop the skills needed to go on to be successful in their chosen careers, higher education or training. We offer a wide and varied enrichment programme, providing our students with opportunities to develop their skills and gain valuable experiences, please see below for details.
University links include:
- Rose Bruford College
- London South Bank University
- London College of Communication
- University of Greenwich
Employment links with:
- JLL—Week long work experience for selected students during half term, ad hoc work shadowing throughout the year.
- Akzo Nobel Offer Outward Bound sponsorship, week long work experience for selected students during half term, mock interview for employment.
BATHS (Bexleyheath Academy Thirty Hours Service)
Students are encouraged to take part in volunteering opportunities within the Academy i.e. helping at Open Evenings, Peer Mentoring, Fundraising activities, etc
Bexleyheath Academy works with former students who have gone on to university and successful careers to provide workshops, inspirational talks and pathways support to our current students.
We work with local and National Apprenticeship providers including ASK Apprenticeships and Pathways CTM who offer support to our students with preparing, researching and applying for various apprenticeship pathways.
University of London Taster Days
Social Mobility Foundation—Internships and careers support
University preparation programmes include:
- K+ with King’s College, London
- Reading Scholars with University of Reading
- Access to Southampton with the University of Southampton