Pupil & Sports Premium
Pupil Premium was introduced by the government in April 2011 to raise the attainment for disadvantaged pupils and to ensure they benefit from the same opportunities as all children.
There are three categories of children who qualify for pupil premium.
- Children who have been eligible for free school meals over the past 6 years
- Looked After Children
- Armed Forces Children
Barton Hill Academy has an above average proportion of pupils who are eligible for pupil premium funding. You can find out more about how we use our Pupil Premium below.
Schools are given PE and Sports funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
The intended outcomes for the Sports Funding Grant at Barton Hill Academy are to
Continue to improve:
- the quality of PE lessons in the Academy
- the number of pupils involved in extra-curricular sport the range of activities offered for extra-curricular sport
Continue to increase:
- the participation in Competitive sport
- the number of pupils who can swim 25 metres &
- the overall fitness level of pupils.
Continue to promote active healthy life styles
Use other providers such as bikeability
Barton Hill Academy
Barton Hill Road, Torquay, TQ2 8JA