Values & Ethos
To help pupils achieve world class learning outcomes by developing world class teachers in a world class community.
To inspire young people to make their best better. By ensuring we:
- deliver an outstanding curriculum to meet the needs of all our pupils.
- deliver an outstanding assessment package that provide our teachers, pupils and parents with information that improves learning for all.
- deliver outstanding teaching to support the curriculum.
- deliver outstanding leadership at all levels of academy leadership.
- achieve outstanding achievement in all year groups.
- provide an outstanding environment in classrooms and throughout our academies.
- deliver outstanding curriculum provision throughout our academy and the community.
- develop our pupils to be outstanding independent learners.
Our values are aligned with the overall AET values.
- Respect for individuals - we work together to create a culture based on trust, respect and dignity.
- Integrity - we are open, honest and direct in our dealings
- Collaboration – we know that there is strength in working together, communicating, sharing ideas and best practice and finding more efficient and effective ways to deliver our objectives
- Continual improvement – we are a learning organisation that strives always to ‘make our best better.’
- Accountability – we hold ourselves accountable and take ownership of those things for which we are responsible
Barton Hill Academy
Barton Hill Road, Torquay, TQ2 8JA