Careers Advice & Guidance
CAREERS OPERATIONAL LEAD FOR EMPLOYABILITY - MS HOOPER
Welcome to the Student Careers pages at Aylward Academy. At Aylward Academy we are committed to providing our students with a comprehensive programme of careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) and work related learning (WRL) for all students in Years 7–13.
The department is led Ms Hooper who is supported by a dedicated team of professionals by who have extensive experience of supporting students through key transitions.
- We endeavour to follow the National Framework for Careers and Work Related Education (2012) and other relevant guidance from the Department of Education, Ofsted and other relevant bodies. Careers and work related education is an important part of the wider curriculum that we offer within the academy to our students.
- We believe that every individual should be prepared for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life, and that this preparation should be an important and distinctive element of the curriculum.
Our Careers Education Programme provides students with skills, knowledge, support and experience of the world of work to enable them to make informed career choices. Another important element for our students is the access to independent and impartial advice and guidance, which supports them in broadening their horizons and reaching their own careers aspirations.
As highlighted above students will be making important career choices which will ultimately impact on their life. It is essential that parents and carers play an active role in exploring the options and choices which are best for their child. Positive and active engagement with heads of year and the careers lead is always advantageous.
We are very lucky to have our own Careers Advisor at Aylward Academy. Students are able to book appointments with Ms Hooper to discuss future plans at any point during their time in Sixth Form. Ms Hooper also works with students on Results Days, making sure they have up-to-the-minute advice and support about their next steps.
Below is an overview of CEIAG
We are keen to engage with businesses and organisations that can assist us in providing the highest quality careers education programme for our students. If you would like to explore working in partnership with us or offering opportunities to our students or the academy, please contact Ms D Hooper on firstname.lastname@example.org who is the Careers Lead within Aylward Academy.
There are a whole range of websites available to help students make decisions about future plans, whether they are looking at apprenticeships, alternatives to university, or graduate employment routes. Here are a few you may wish to check:
Useful Apprenticeships websites:
U-Explore Start is a online Careers Information and Guidance tool. By working through modules it will enable you to:
- Make decisions at key moments of choice
- Explore Careers
- Explore Employers
- Understand qualifications, skills and qualities required for Careers
- Learn what you are best suited to
- Discover the right pathway/s for you and the steps you must take to achieve and get there
- Develop skills so that you have lots of value to offer in the world of work after school/studying
- Build a personal profile
- Learn about Labour Market Information – current demand and competition for jobs in your chosen sector/location
HOW TO LOG ON
- Logon to your school account or the internet at home
- Click the 'start' logo above or the login in image to the left
- Enter your username and password:
- Username is AWA12surname first initial (Year 13)
- Username is AWA13surname first initial (Year 12)
- Username is AWA14surname first initial (Year 11)
- Username is AWA15 surname first initial (Year 10)
- Username is AWA16 surname first initial (Year 9)
- Username is AWA17 surname first initial (Year 8)
- Username is AWA18 surname first initial (Year 7)
Password for all : system123