E Safety at Aylward Academy
At Aylward Academy we understand the importance and benefits of emerging technologies for children’s learning and personal development. However, we also recognise that safeguards need to be in place to ensure children are kept safe at all times.
E SAFETY RULES – STUDENT ACCEPTABLE USE AGREEMENT POLICY
- I will only use ICT systems in school, including the internet, e-mail, digital video, mobile technologies, etc. for school purposes.
- I will not download or install software on school equipment.
- I will only log on to the school network/ learning platform with my own user name and password.
- I will follow the school’s ICT security system and not reveal my passwords to anyone and change them regularly.
- I will only use my school e-mail address.
- I will make sure that all ICT communications with pupils, teachers or others is responsible and sensible.
- I will be responsible for my behaviour when using the Internet. This includes resources I access and the language I use.
- I will not deliberately browse, download, upload or forward material that could be considered offensive or illegal. If I accidentally come across any such material I will report it immediately to my teacher.
- I will not give out any personal information such as name, phone number or address.
- I will not arrange to meet someone unless this is part of a school project approved by my teacher.
- Images of pupils and/ or staff will only be taken, stored and used for school purposes in line with school policy and not be distributed outside the school network without the permission of (staff member).
- I will ensure that my online activity, both in school and outside school, will not cause my school, the staff, pupils or others distress or bring into disrepute.
- I will support the school approach to online safety and not deliberately upload or add any images, video, sounds or text that could upset or offend any member of the school community
- I will respect the privacy and ownership of others’ work online at all times.
- I will not attempt to bypass the internet filtering system.
- I understand that all my use of the Internet and other related technologies can be monitored and logged and can be made available to my teachers.
- I understand that these rules are designed to keep me safe and that if they are not followed, school sanctions will be applied and my parent/ carer may be contacted.
The online world is ever changing, making it a challenge to keep up to speed with what your son/daughter is doing. Below are some useful websites that provide a whole host of ways to keep your child safe online.
Click the icons to visit each site.
Advice for parents and carers on cyberbullying. This advice is for parents and carers about cyberbullying. It provides advice and information about how they can protect their child from cyberbullying and how to tackle it if it happens.