"Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same amount of hours per day that were given to… Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci and Albert Einstein. You can do it."
– H. JACKSON BROWN JR.
Aylward Academy Timetable
It is the responsibility of parents/carers to ensure that their child arrives punctually for the formal start to the Academy day at 8.40am. The Academy is open to students from 8.00am and a breakfast service is provided by Olive Dining until 8.30am.
The Academy day ends at 3.10pm. Please be aware that the parent or carer is responsible for arranging their child's safe transport from the Academy to home. After 3.30pm, the Academy is no longer responsible for the safety of your child remaining on-site, unless they are participating in an after school organised activity for which you have given them prior permission to attend. All activities cease at 5.30pm and no students should be on-site after this time, unless returning later for any evening activities.
- 8:00am - Academy opens to students - Breakfast Service opens
- 8:25am - Breakfast Service closes
Academy Day starts for all students
- 8:40 - 9:55 : Period 1
- 9:55 - 11:10 : Period 2
- 11:10 - 11:30 : Morning Break
- 11:30 - 12:45 : Period 3
- 12:45 - 13:10 : Tutor Time
- 13:10 - 13:55 : Lunch
- 13:55 - 15:10 : Period 4
End of Academy Day
- 15:30 : All students off site unless partaking in an authorised extra curricular activity, with parental/carer prior permission granted
- 17:30 - Academy closes to students
Aylward Academy Lesson Routines
At the start of a lesson
- The Teacher will greet you at the classroom door.
- Uniform will be checked as students enter, non-uniform items to be removed/corrected
- Ensure your tie is smart and correctly tied
- Put your Planner and equipment on the desk
When the student take their seats
- The register will be taken in the first 10 minutes
- Bags will be on the floor and not on students backs or desks
- Blazers are to be worn or hung on the backs of the chairs – NOT in bags
- Chewing gum in the bin
During the lesson
- Students work to the best of their ability
- Students who do not behave appropriately will be dealt with using Faculty Policy
- VERY SERIOUS or dangerous incidents may result in Senior Staff Rota being called
- Students should stand when an adult enters the room
At the end of the lesson
- Students should pack away their belongings
- Students wait in their seats in silence until the bell goes
- Students will be dismissed when the teacher gives them permission
- If it is the last lesson of the day students must put the chairs on the desks to help the site staff