Aylward Academy is about students, staff and parents working together. To help pupils develop lively enquiring minds, apply themselves to tasks and acquire practical skills and knowledge that are valued both for their own sake and for the broader good of society. From day one we are on your side.
Welcome to Aylward Academy, a mixed 11-18 comprehensive school, serving a truly multi-cultural community, where every student is valued and treated as an individual.
It is a school where young people’s talents and abilities are nurtured and where they can develop their ambitions. Our aim is that all students should leave the school as highly qualified, confident and articulate young adults. We want you to have an enjoyable time at Aylward Academy both educationally and socially. If you have a problem we’re here to help. If you have an idea we are here to listen.
The provision for our higher learning potential children goes right through to the Sixth Form enabling them to make applications to the top universities including Oxford and Cambridge.
Underpinning the AET vision is our commitment to the Key Outcomes of the Every Child Matters agenda. At AET Academies these will be based upon a set of Values and Beliefs.
Through our actions and behaviours we will strive to develop young people who:
- respect themselves and the community (people, property and the environment);
- are polite, calm, caring, honest, trustworthy and helpful;
- are responsible, independent and supportive of each other;
- are tolerant, open minded and not prejudiced;
- are determined and have a strong work ethic;
- are thoughtful and have the ability to listen;
- have good communication skills;
- offer themselves as good role models for younger students;
- can demonstrate strong self-belief and confidence and have high aspirations;
- can work together in groups and, as they develop, can begin to lead others.
Over the last 4 years our premises have undergone a comprehensive programme of refurbishment.
The Academy benefits from:
- Specialist Performing Arts building, including a Theatre.
- Specialist Art, Photography, Design Technology and Food Studies facilities.
- Specialist Science Laboratories.
- State of the art ICT facilities.
- A Sixth Form specific Learning Resource Centre.
- MUGA (Multi-Use Games Areas)
The school is situated in Edmonton, North London. Its site is off the A10, just north of the North Circular Road.
It is easily reached from the M25 and is well served by public transport.
You are welcome to visit the Academy on one of our open events - please check the Calendar for forthcoming events, or contact the main reception to arrange a tour.