Teaching & Learning
Ashingdon Primary Academy Curriculum Offer
Ashingdon Primary Academy Curriculum Intent
At Ashingdon Primary Academy, we aim to provide a curriculum that imparts the knowledge and skills which enables pupils to discover and liver their individual paths. We have a strong belief that our curriculum provides a foundation for children to unlock their potential and be the best they can be. Our curriculum will excite, inspire and ignite the spark that fuels the ownership of learning amongst our pupils.
- To ensure that we provide the opportunities that will prepare our children for the next stage of their education and provide readiness for the modern world.
- To create opportunities to develop the children's creativity and expression to support their emotional wellbeing and opportunities for each child to be unique.
- To provide an environment where children feel safe and confident to learn from mistakes, take risks and explore new ways of achieving their goals.
- To develop ambitious children who have self belief and have the confidence to challenge themselves.
Ashingdon Primary Academy Curriculum Implementation
Staff at Ashingdon Primary Academy will ensure that;
They clearly sequence lessons, in all subjects, ensuring that progress is evident for the children's knowledge and skill learning
Continually check the children's understanding, and any areas misunderstood, providing clear feedback to help each child reach their potential.
Implement lessons in an environment which allows children to be confident learners and learn from their mistakes
Provide opportunities for the children to be able to know more, remember more and be able to do more.
Ashingdon Primary Academy Curriculum Impact
At Ashingdon Primary Academy, we want the impact of our curriculum to enable our children to;
Become confident, independent and resilient in their learning, and be able to learn from mistakes.
We will enable our children to know more, remember more and be able to do more
Be able to work collaboratively with others, showing tolerance for all individuals and groups
Produce work that is the best of their ability and shows pride in their learning
Be prepared for future destinations and to show cultural capital.
Ashingdon Primary Academy aims to develop each and every pupil to their full potential. To do this, we teach a broad and balanced curriculum and use a range of teaching and learning styles in order to make the children's day as interesting, stimulating, and challenging as possible.
Our children are generally taught in mixed-ability classes, but work at their own pace and ability, through our flow model, which is delivered in all subject areas. At other times, throughout the whole Academy, the children are taught specialist teachers, such as PE, games and Spanish. The basic requirements for our Academy curriculum for Key Stages 1 and 2 are laid down by the National Curriculum and consists of:
- Design Technology.
- PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education)
The Foundation Stage Curriculum differs slightly and an Early Years Curriculum is taught in the Reception Class. We strive to create a secure and stimulating environment where learning can take place through short periods of structured play and interactive teaching, There are six areas of learning:
- Personal, Social, and Emotional development.
- Communication, Language, and Literacy Development
- Mathematical Development
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World.
- Physical Development
- Creative Development