Pupil premium is a government initiative where the school is given extra funding for families eligible for Free School Meals.
Pupil Premium grant is allocated to schools with the intention of:
- Raising the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and closing the gap with their peers
- Supporting children and young people with parents in the regular armed forces
The PPG (pupil premium grant) for 2018-2019 is £1,320.00 per eligible pupil or £1,900 per LAC (looked after children). Service children have an allocation of £300.
The grant may be spent in the following ways:
- For the purposes of the school i.e. for the educational benefit of pupils registered at that school/academy
- For the benefit of pupils registered at other schools or academies
- On community facilities e.g. services whose provision furthers any charitable purpose for the benefit of pupils at the school or their families, or people who live or work in the locality in which the school is situated.
You can find out more about Pupil Premium Payments by clicking the link below.
Pupil Premium Funding Report 2018-19
Pupil Premium Funding Report 2017-2018 Pupil Premium Expenditure Impact Report 2017-2018