Anglesey Primary Academy is a three form entry school. Children are admitted at the beginning of the school year in which they reach their fifth birthday. Places are allocated by the school in line with Staffordshire Local Authority’s criteria for admissions. For further information about applying for a Reception place, please click here to be redirected to Staffordshire Local Authority's Admissions page.
Admission into Reception is handled by the Local Authority. When parents or carers apply for a place for a child they are allocated in accordance with Staffordshire Local Authority’s criteria for admissions. If the Academy is oversubscribed, priority for admission will be given to those children who meet the criteria set out below, in priority order:
1. Looked after children (in public care)
2. Medical grounds or hardship.
3. Children who have brothers or sisters already in school and who will still be there when they start school themselves
4. Children who live nearest to the school by straight line measured distance from a set point
Admissions during the academic year
Anglesey is an inclusive academy that is keen to welcome children from all backgrounds. We ask parents to complete our admission form and will offer translation and support where appropriate. We are always happy to welcome prospective parents for a tour of the academy and a meeting with a member of our leadership team before your child starts at the academy.
Academies Enterprise Trust is the admission authority for this academy.
The Academy will adhere to the following timetable in regard to appeal hearings:
- Academy to notify parents that their application was unsuccessful;
- Parents to be allowed 20 school days from the date of this notification to prepare and lodge their written appeal;
- Academy to set appeal hearing date following receipt of appeal - at least 10 school days notice should be given. This date should include reasonable deadlines for appellant to submit additional evidence, for admission authorities to submit their evidence and for the clerk to send appeal papers to all parties;
Academy to ensure decision letters following the appeal hearing are sent to appellant within 5 school days of the date of the hearing.
Appeals lodged by the appropriate deadlines are heard within the following timescales:
a) For applications made in the normal admissions round1, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals;
b) For late applications2, appeals should be heard within 40 school days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged;
c) For applications to sixth forms:
i) Where the offer of a place would have been conditional upon exam results, appeals must be heard within 30 school days of confirmation of those results;
ii) Where the offer of a place would not have been conditional upon exam results, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals;
d) For applications for in-year admissions3, appeals must be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
Appeals submitted after the appropriate deadline must still be heard, in accordance with whatever timescale is set out in the timetable published by the admission authority.