Visions & Values
To inspire young people to make their best better.
Vision and Values
At Anglesey we will create a supportive, safe learning environment which is highly participative and aspirational, where every learner has the opportunity to develop the skills to lead positive and fulfilling lives. We ensure high expectations for all and encourage all young learners to always AIM HIGH.
Our '4As' embody our vision and are shared with pupils, staff, parents and Governors:
Anglesey is Aiming High!
Ambition – Reaching our dreams
Attitude – Being responsible
Achievement – Doing our best
Action – Making it happen
A Multicultural Place
Anglesey is an amazing and special place. We have children from many diverse backgrounds, speaking a number of different languages. As an academy we celebrate this diversity. Our specialist EAL team are trained in our main languages and support children, parents and staff, as well as assessing children in their first language. They also ensure that all children develop their grasp of English as a language as quickly as possible.
Our academy is well equipped with appropriate resources to support all our children and their diverse cultural and religious experiences and backgrounds are reflected in the curriculum and activities that the academy organises.
At Anglesey Primary Academy, we aim to:
- encourage active partnership between home, academy, and the community, and their participation in all aspects of academy life;
- raise standards and achievement through high expectations;
- offer equal opportunities to all children and staff regardless of gender, religion, race, or any other special needs;
- provide, through the statutory requirements, a wide range of broadly-based experiences appropriate to individual needs so as to enable every child to realise his or her potential;
- provide a secure and stimulating environment to enable each child to develop intellectually, socially, physically and emotionally;
- provide a curriculum that reflects and celebrates the cultural diversity of our society;
- provide opportunities for the professional development of staff within a supportive framework.