At AET our vision of Remarkable Lives reaches way beyond what our pupils “do” or achieve in school. It is about so much more – it is about setting them on the right path, with the right skills and the right self-belief so that each of them can go on to lead a remarkable life.
Making sure we have the right focus on careers and employability plays an important role in this vision, and AET’s initiatives are led by the National System Leader for Careers, Education, Information, Advice & Guidance (CEIAG), Ryan Gibson.
Prior to joining AET, Ryan was influential in developing the eight Gatsby Benchmarks - the new standards which all schools are expected to achieve fully by 2020. These are:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers & employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with Further Education & Higher Education
- Personal Guidance
Evidencing their progress towards achievement of these standards, and in compliance with statutory requirements, each AET academy website already provides, as a minimum, the following information:
- the name and contact details of the academy Careers Leader
- details of the academy Careers Programme
- the Provider Access Policy for each academy, explaining how local education and higher-level skills training providers have access to pupils to inform them about approved technical education qualifications and apprenticeships
Queries regarding AET’s approach to Careers Guidance may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org