Overview of Minimum Requirements for SOAR Honors Program
- Students must maintain a 3.25 cumulative GPA…progress will be checked on a bi-weekly basis.
- Students must be enrolled in the SOAR class each year. At most, one exception will be given to a student if a scheduling conflict arises.
- Students must log a minimum of 70 hours of community service to be completed over 4 years. Freshman must do 10 hours, sophomores must do 15 hours, juniors must do 20 hours and seniors must do 25 hours.
- Students are responsible for tracking your own community service hours and thoroughly completing the record sheet supplied. Record sheets will be collected each semester. You may complete community service during the summer.
- Students must participate in at least one experiential learning experience a year, i.e.: field trips, guest speakers, activities.
- Students must complete a cumulative research project each year.
- If students do not maintain required GPA, complete the required activities or have not maintained a exemplary behavior status, he/she will be placed on probation and may be made inactive from SOAR. Inactive status will require re-application to the program.