HHS Ultimate Frisbee Club!
Welcome to the homepage for Horizon High School's Ultimate Frisbee Club Team!
Why join Ultimate Frisbee Club?
Because it's fast, it's fun, it's exciting, and it attracts some of the nicest people you will ever meet! Our co-ed club walks the line between a good natured after school club and an athletic, highly competitive team sport. More than anything, we play for "the spirit of the game", the Ultimate mantra that dictates fair play, self-officiating, mutual encouragement, and positive vibes!
If you've never played Ultimate before, imagine a playing field like that of football, with an endzone at either end. With seven players per team, the sport is played with the constant motion of soccer, but the aerial attack of football. The disc is passed from teammate to teammate until somebody catches it in the endzone for a point -- and you can't run while holding the disc. But look out! The defense can move pretty fast!
- Saturday, September 16 at 7:30: Totally 80's Glow Game!
- Saturday, October 7 (tentative): Lakewood New-Teams Tournament
- Sat/Sun, Oct 14-15: Monarch HS Invite Mixed Tournament (co-ed team)
- Sat/Sun, Nov 11-12: State Mixed Tournament (at Broomfield Commons, co-ed team)
- Weekly Game -- We meet Thursdays after school in the courtyard (then we move to Northbrook Park, just behind the student parking lot)
- Competitive season is upon us! Our co-ed competitive team will take part in multiple tournaments this fall.
- Join us for our annual GLOW GAME! This glow-in-the-dark event is always a club favorite!
How can you join? Just show up!
When?: Thursdays after school
Where?: The courtyard outside the student center
What then?: At 3:10, we move to Northbrook Park (the park just beyond the parking lot). We warm up, work on a new skill or two, then PLAY ULTIMATE!
How can I get information and announcements?
Join our Remind account to receive weekly text messages, reminders, cancellations, etc.
- Send a text to: 81010
- Include the following message: @hhsfrisbee
**If you'd like to be able to message the sponsor (Mr. Windness) or vote on topics, you will need to download the app.
A few frequently asked questions:
Q: What if I have to be late or have to leave early? Or what if I can't make it this week?
A: No problem! We are a club activity first, so we are in it for the fun of the group. If you show up late or leave early, you can play for whatever portion of time you are present. If you miss a week, we'll see you next week!
Q: What if I can't throw a frisbee, or don't know the rules?
A: No worries! We love to spread the Ultimate Frisbee love by teaching new members. And the rules are easy, too -- we'll teach you, and in no time, you'll be up and running.
For more information:
Join our Remind account: Text @hhsfrisbee to 81010
Join our Google Classroom page (Adams 12 peeps only): Code is: tx4n1x https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/MTk1NjYyMjQ4N1pa
Follow us on Facebook: just search @hhsfrisbee within facebook