“ Aprender a dudar es aprender a pensar.” Octavio Paz
PROFESSIONAL/QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Masters in Social Policy and Public Administration, University of Nottingham
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Universidad de Aquino
- Certified Phonoaudiologist, Universidad del Rosario
- Management of Development Projects in Health, Harvard Institute for International Development via Universidad Catolica Boliviana
- Professional Training and Experience:
- American Cooperative School: Middle School and Secondary Spanish Teacher
- Bolivian Ministry of Health – World Bank: Integrated Child Development Project
- Pan American Health Organization (OPS): Gender, Health, and Development Program
- Women’s Aid Federation – Nottingham
- Audiological Center – Audioprot: General Manager
I am very proud to have two nationalities, Colombian and Bolivian. In addition, I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to live in eight countries: Peru, Chile, Colombia, Bolivia, United States, Austria, Germany, and England. This has fueled my desire to learn about new countries and culture, firsthand, in the future.
Ever since I had the opportunity, I have been establishing my professional experience. This has taken me from serving in restaurants during my college days to working for the Pan American Health Organization in Washington D.C. Along the way, I have worn the cap of tutor, audiologist, special education technician, and project manager. Each and every one of these responsibilities has helped me become a better teacher, with a wider cultural and global perspective and dynamic personal skills.
My biggest blessing is my daughter Emilia, a true inspiration and joy in my life.
Personal Interests: • yoga• reiky• • traveling • Latin American music • diving