"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change we seek.”
-Barack Obama, 2008
- Amy Webber
- Secondary teacher
- Economics, US History, Government and Politics, and International Relations
- 5 years in education, all at ACS
department: social science
PROFESSIONAL/QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- MA, International Relations, Columbia University. 1998.
- BA, Latin American Studies, University of Wisconsin - Madison. 1992
- Teacher Certification, 7-12 Grade Social Studies, TeachNow. 2015.
- Professional Experience:
- AP US History training. 2016.
- Worked in politics and government for over 15 years.
I grew up in different parts of the US, both in big cities and small towns. I have always been curious and passionate about politics, government and justice. When I finished graduate school, I went to work for the government of New York City. There I did oversight of the police, fire and corrections departments, on issues including racial profiling and response times.
Shortly after September 11, 2001, I came to Bolivia for what I thought would be just a few months. But you never know where life will lead you. Today, I am married to an ACS alum, and we have two children who are in the elementary school.
As a teacher, I work to inspire students to be curious and passionate about the issues they care about - and I find that in the process they make me a more curious and passionate person as well.