“"Don't just teach your children to read...teach them to question what they read. Teach them to question everything."
PROFESSIONAL/QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Universidad La Salle: Bachelors Degree in Education.
- Universidad Mayor de San Andrés: Faculty of Architecture and Arts (5 years).
- Bolivian Football Federation – Higher Institute of Soccer Coaches: Professional Soccer Coach (Minor Divisions).
- Universidad Mayor de San Andrés – Faculty of Humanities: Diploma in Motor Sciences and Human Development.
- Universidad La Salle – Faculty of Education: Diploma in Education for Diversity.
- Training and Improvement Program: Personal Training, endorsed by the International Federation of Physical Education FIEP, La Paz.
- Training and improvement program: Specialist in the Science of Sports Training, endorsed by the International Federation of Physical Education FIEP, La Paz.
Professional Training and Experience:
- Athletic Director
- Physical Education Teacher
- Director of the Sports Complex
- Sports Coach
- Swimming Instructor
- Leadership training
- Sports Trainer
- Manager of local and national camps
- Assistant to the Executive Director
I was born on September 9, 1961 in La paz, Bolivia at an elevation of 14,000 feet making it one of the highest, and most unique cities in the world. Growing up in La Paz has given me a truly enriched Latin American background and a strong foundation and passion for sports. Growing up, I did and played every sport I could find with anybody willing to play with me. I played at a competitive level in: soccer, basketball, indoor soccer, volleyball, and track helping me become a better team, friend, and leader. Those experiences ignited my desire to teach, develop, and help the next generations become better athletes, friends, leaders, but more importantly teammates.
My family consisted of my parents, two brothers, and one sister. It has since grown to include five nieces. My parents always supported our dreams and goals, and encouraged us to further our education. Following their great example I enrolled in university studying architecture and worked in the field for years, while also working in coaching. I then made a judgement call and followed my passion, fully, and became a full time teacher and coach.
- I like to travel, read novels, and listen to Latin American music.