“When you learn, teach.
When you get, give.”
- Maya Angelou
PROFESSIONAL/QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degrees: B.A. English, M.A.Ed, The College of New Jersey; M.A. Ed, Framingham State University
- Certifications: Certified in International Education
- Differentiated Instruction Made Practical, Harvard University Graduate School of Education
- Teacher's College - Writing Project, Columbia University, NY
- Distance Learning: Strategies and Procedures
- English Literature for EAL students - American Cooperative School
- Optimal Learning Center IA - American Cooperative School
- KG4 - American Cooperative School
- KG5 - American Cooperative School
- 2nd Grade - American Cooperative School
A.C.S. has been part of my life for many years. I graduated from this wonderful school, went off to college in New York and returned many years later to marry my high school classmate. I am the proud mom of 3 wonderful boys.
I love so many things, I couldn't begin to list them all - but here are a few: barbecuing with family, reading, running, traveling, surprises, ice cream, popcorn and dancing on Friday mornings. I also love to color and write, take pictures and find reasons to be grateful.
I have been teaching at A.C.S. for many years and feel so fortunate to do what I love most - work with children. After so many years of teaching, I have discovered that through teaching, I learn. My students give me a new perspective, which allows me to become a more challenging and engaging teacher. My role as a teacher is to provide experiences for every student to learn - through active engagement, and surrounded by endless opportunities to integrate and apply what they learn. I want my students to love learning, but most importantly, to believe in themselves, to always ask questions, and to believe in themselves and all of the things they can achieve.
I love what I do.