“ It’s a beautiful day don’t let it get away.”
PROFESSIONAL/QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- University of Arkansas, Sam M. Walton College of Business
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, December 2014
- American Cooperative School
Elementary , Middle School, and High School Education August 1995- May 2010
Teacher Preparation and Certification Program in Elementary Education - Washington, DC
- Instructional assistant for Kindergarten(2016-2017) and 3rd grade(2017-2018).
- Plan and instruct effective lessons using practices aligned with the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and Writing with the help of the homeroom teacher.
- Collaborate with teaching team to coordinate explicit instruction of content to build foundational student understanding.
- Provide students differentiated instruction, catering to specific student needs.
- Monitor student progress in reading fluency using Running Records.
- Assist classroom teacher with classroom management and daily duties.
- Confer with students to ensure understanding.
- Integrate technology into the classroom, providing students with the tools that will take them into the 21st century.
I was born and raised in La Paz, Bolivia. I am a proud ACS alumn! I love, traveling, reading, attending concerts, and most of all, spending time with my family and friends. In the last few years I have worked with kindergarten and third grade as an instructional assistant. This year I will be working as a Second grade teacher.
We’ve all had teachers who have contributed to who we are today. Teachers who have influenced and inspired us in some way. That is one of the biggest reasons why I chose to pursue education as a creer. I have been fortunate to work with different types of students and see them grow in every sense of the word. I believe If students feel loved and comfortable enough to make mistakes we have succeeded as teachers. I feel fortunate to work in a school where teachers dedicate their lives to make student learning fun, inspiring , challenging, and valuable. I believe education helps communities become stronger and more powerful.