"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts."
-- Winston S. Churchill
PROFESSIONAL/QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Masters in International Education, Framingham State University, Massachusetts.
- Bachelor of Science: Wildlife and Fisheries Science - Utah State University, Industrial Chemistry - University of the West Indies.
- International School Leadership: Principals’ Training Center
- Advanced International School Leadership: Principals’ Training Center
- International Counselor Training: Counselors’ Training Center
- Massachusetts International Teacher certified.
- Professional training:
- Association of International School Head’s Institute.
I was born and raised on the little tropical island of Trinidad, part of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, where I studied Industrial Chemistry. After winning an open scholarship, I went to Utah State University to study Wildlife and Fisheries Science. My career took me form a Junior Wildlife Biologist in the Forestry Division of Trinidad and Tobago to tutoring Sciences and Math here in La Paz and eventually dedicating myself to become part of the educational community here at ACS, and eventually to the ACS Senior Leadership Team. I have been Secondary Principal and Senior Leadership Team member for the past seven years.
I met my Bolivian husband, Lothar Kerscher in the US while at university. We have 4 boys: Johann (32), Francis (28), Michael (21) and Lorenz (17) the last who will be graduating in 2019.
My passion for education stems from my belief that everyone has the capacity and capability to learn and that education isn't just about what you learn in the classroom, but also the relationships and experiences you have while learning in the classroom.
Personal Interests: *Experimenting with new recipes and creating my own recipes *Gardening - especially growing herbs and peppers *Light-weight gym routines *Walking, walking and more walking *Meditation * Listening to music *Spending time with my family.