ACS Elementary LC
Our mission is to inspire individuals to become self-motivated learners and compassionate citizens who demonstrate respect, act with integrity, and seek intellectual growth in a culture of high expectations.
Elementary LC Hours: 7:45-3:30 PM
Students and their parents or caretaker are welcome:
7:45-8:00 AM & 3:00-3:30 PM
- Pre-K-G1: Limit 1 book
- G2-Limit 2 books
- G3-Limit 3 books
- G4-Limit 4 books
- G5-Limit 5 books
- Pre-K-G5: Limit of 6 books with a parent or caretaker.
- Books are checked out for a period of 2 weeks and can be renewed if not on hold.
- Overdue notices are sent via e-mail to parents and students.
- All attempts should be made to locate lost books before paying to replace them.
- Damaged books should be brought to the librarian's attention and every attempt will be made to repair the book before assessing a fine.
- Library fees should be paid through the business office after receiving an invoice from the LC. After payment has been made there, the receipt should be brought to the LC to clear the student's account.
Meet your Librarians
Mrs. Layali Kahook is the ES Teacher-Librarian at ACS. Mrs. Layali is passionate about literacy, always there to guide students in finding books they want to read, and empower them to become life long learners. Her favourite quote is "Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are." - Mason Cooley
ES LC Specialist:
Mrs. Tujan Bayouq is the learning Commons specialist for the Elementary School. She wants to inspire students to read by sharing amazing and diverse books with young readers and their families.