Fundamentals of CNC Programming
A Practical Approach
This course is designed to be a part of a series of training courses titled “Manufacturing Power” which will address different manufacturing techniques from a practical prospective. Moreover, this course is an introductory level course to CNC programming that will be followed by a more advanced second course discussing “Programming CNC Lathe and Milling Machine”.
Upon the completion of this training course which is titled “Fundamentals of CNC Programming- Practical Approach”, participants will be able to:
- Understand basics of machining processes and parameters, Computer Numerical Control (CNC), CNC machine elements, and Direct Numerical Control (DNC).
- Understand and interpret blueprints and production drawings,
- Define the machining sequences,
- Develop CNC codes according to the blueprint given, and
- Simulate and test G-code using CNC Simulator.
Who should attend:
3- Mechanical Engineering students, and
4- Students of technical Institutes and schools.
For best benefit from the course, you need to bring your Laptop
(More than 50% of the course time will be hands-on experience programming CNC simulator)
- Introduction to machining, CNC, and CNC Machines.
- Interpretation of blueprints, Measurements, and Coordinate systems.
- Introduction to G and M codes, and Preparatory and miscellaneous codes.
- Introduction to the CNC simulation software.
- Set the machining parameters, Tool motion parameters, and Workpiece setting.
- Absolute and incremental Coordinates, Understanding interpolation, Circular interpolations, and other interpolation types.
- Special G-codes, Hints for programming, Program layout, and CNC Drilling and Milling machines.
- Programming the CNC simulator to develop challenging profiles and parts.
Makanak - Nasr City
23 El Batrawy St. El Sayad Tower 3rd floor - Abas El Aqad - Nasr City - Cairo - Egypt .