Mrs. Salgueiro's First Grade Class
Week of February 18th:
Monday 2/18: Presidents' Day! No school!
Tuesday 2/19: World's Finest Chocolate Fundraiser begins!
Wednesday 2/20: Sweets and treats sale $1! Lick Nitrogen ice cream family night 2-8pm!
Friday 2/22: $1 jean day! $1 pizza sale!
- Tuesday is PE uniform day for first grade.
- Friday is jean day and students who wear jeans must bring in $1 unless they paid for the jean bundle.
- Check red folders DAILY!
- Check and sign agendas Friday and return on Monday.
- We are a peanut free school. Please do not send anything containing peanuts in your child's lunch.
- Wednesday is early release day and first grade is released at 2:00 pm.
- i-Ready K-1 log in: https://login.i-ready.com/login/k1#/
- School Website: http://academircharterschoolwest.com
- MyON log in: https://www.myon.com/login/index.html
- Dadeschools Parent Portal: http://www.dadeschools.net/parents.asp
- School Store: https://www.bridgepay.io/store.aspx?uuid=195A6710-B5F7-458C-B6C2-5083BD21BEEA
i-Ready Reading 45 minutes (by Sunday Night)
Top MyOn user for the week will receive 5 Tiger Bucks
Week of February 18th:
Monday: Practice book page 212 & Spelling Tic Tac Toe (one activity)
Tuesday: Practice book pages 215-217 & Spelling Tic Tac Toe (one activity)
Wednesday: Practice book pages 218-220 & Spelling Tic Tac Toe (one activity)
Thursday: Review for Friday's quizzes and test!
Friday: Reading Test, Grammar Test (conjunctions), Spelling Quiz (r controlled vowel-ar), & Vocabulary Quiz
ELA Weekly Skills:
Comprehension Strategy: Make and Confirm Predictions
Comprehension Skill: Point of View
Reading Genre: Fantasy
Writing Trait: Sentence Fluency
Grammar: Words that join and capitalize proper nouns
Spelling Words: R controlled vowel (ar)
distinguish: to understand the difference between two or more people, animals or things
classify: to sort or decide what group something belongs in
entire: whole or complete
organize: to arrange things a certain way
startled: when something suddenly surprises you
trouble: when you have problems doing something
whole: something that is complete, nothing is missing
(Math i-Ready 45 minutes completed by Sunday night)
Top Reflex User for the week will be awarded 5 Tiger Bucks
- pages 207-208
- pages 209-210
- review for chapter 10 test
- chapter 10 review video link:
- chapter 10 test
- reflex math
- pages 227-228
We are continuing Unit 6: Motion. As we get closer to the test, they will take home a practice test. But until then attached are the pages we will be going over in their science book. Please feel free to use this as a reference to review.
Unit 6 test will be on Wednesday, February 20th.
For Social Studies we will begin to learn about seven special holidays; Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, Independence Day, Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving.
Attached you'll find a document (special holidays) you may use this to review and study. The students must know what month each holiday is in for their test (example: February Presidents’ Day)
Holidays Quiz: Thursday February 21st
Holidays Test: Friday February 22nd