School Nurse for AWE and BEJ
What does the School Nurse Do?
The Primary role of the School Nurse is to support student learning by improving student health and safety.
The School Nurse works collaboratively with other disciplines in the following roles:
· Serves as coordinator of the health services program
· Promotes health education
· Identifies health and safety concerns in the school environment
· Supports food services programs
· Promotes physical education, sports policies and practices
· Assesses health needs, provides health counseling, provides interventions and refers students as needed to appropriate school staff or other agencies
· Serves as school liaison to the Health Advisory Council
· Promotes healthy activities and a healthy environment for school staff