About Our School
Abercanaid Community School is situated in the village of Abercanaid which is approximately 2 miles south of Merthyr Tydfil.
In 2002, we moved from our old school building in Chapel Street to a brand new, larger building in The Park where facilities greatly improved and have continued to do so ever since.
We offer the children a rich and stimulating environment in which to learn and we pride ourselves on the fact that the whole atmosphere of the school is one of welcome and friendliness to parents and children.
We believe that in all activities, each child should experience the feeling of success so that confidence is nurtured. It is important that every child should be made aware of his or her special identity and that the qualities and abilities of each child are developed. As a staff we believe that common approach should be adopted by all to create a caring environment where children are respected and their views valued.
Take a look through our website to find out what we enjoy doing in school in order to support and challenge the children in our care, making our school one to be proud of.
How To Find Us
Directions from A470 (South)
- Travelling towards Merthyr from Cilfynydd Roundabout.
- Continue approximately 5 miles.
- At next roundabout turn right (3rd Exit)
- Follow road over the flyover. (A4060)
- Go straight through roundabout (Hoovers is on your left).
- At next round about turn left. (2nd exit - not into Hoovers)
- Straight through next 3 smaller roundabouts.
- You are now in Abercanaid.
- Follow main road.
- You will pass a Corner Shop (Premier) on the left.
- Take the next left down Donald St, follow to the end.
- Welcome to our School.