Explorers 2 Homepage
Welcome to our home page. Below you will find important information about being in Explorers 2 at Abercanaid Community School.
You can also follow the links above to our other pages.
Useful information for parents:-
- Children come into school at 8.50 a.m. through the Foundation Phase yard door entrance.
- At home time children will be dismissed to their adult at 3.15 p.m.
- If someone else is picking your child up please inform us in the morning.
- If your child is going to be absent from school please contact the school office.
- We are proud to be a healthy eating school, we encourage the children to only bring fruit, vegetables and water for break.
- Please put these in a bag/ pot, clearly labelled with your child's name. Children have the opportunity to purchase fruit from school at the cost of £1 per week. Please ensure this is paid on a Monday.
- Milk is provided in school free of charge.
Your child will have the opportunity to take part in physical development sessions on a Monday (indoor session) and Tuesday (outdoor session). Your child may leave their P.E kit in school and this will be sent home for washing at the end of each half term.
Your child will have the opportunity to take part in fitness sessions (20 minutes) daily. Please ensure that your child has trainers in school in order to take part in these sessions. These trainers can also be left in school.
As discussed in the parent meeting, your child will be listened to read once a week by an adult. Please could you ensure that reading books and records are in school on the correct day. If your child manages to read and comprehend their book with confidence before their next reading day, please return this to school and it will be changed..