Class 1 Homepage
Welcome to our home page. Below you will find important information about being in Class 1/ year 1 at Abercanaid Community School.
You can also follow the links above to our other pages.
Useful information for parents:-
- Year 1 children come into school at 8.50 a.m. through the Foundation Phase yard door entrance.
- At home time children will be dismissed to their adult at 3.15 p.m.
- If someone else is picking your child up please inform us in the morning.
- If your child is going to be absent from school please contact the school office.
- We are proud to be a healthy eating school, we encourage the children to only bring fruit, vegetables and water for break.
- Please put these in a bag/ pot, clearly labelled with your child's name. Children have the opportunity to purchase fruit from school at the cost of £1 per week. Please ensure this is paid on a Monday.
- Milk is provided in school free of charge.
Your child will have the opportunity to take part in physical development sessions on a Monday (outdoor session) and Thursday (indoor session).
Your child will have the opportunity to take part in fitness sessions (20 minutes) daily. Please ensure that your child has trainers in school in order to take part in these sessions.
As discussed in the 'Learn with Me' session, your child will be listened to read once a week by an adult. Please could you ensure that reading books and records are in school on the correct day. If your child manages to read and comprehend their book with confidence before their next reading day, please return this to school and pop it in the reading post box for it to be changed.
Abercanaid Community School
Tel: 01685 351820
Fax: 01443 694070