Founded in 1873 Carrickfergus YMCA has just celebrated 140 years serving young people and the local community in the Borough. This document sets out our plan for the next three years, striving to be relevant and contributing towards meeting the complex needs of young people in the 21st Century.
We believe that all young people deserve to have a safe place to live and the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Our vision is of an inclusive Christian Movement, transforming communities so that all young people truly belong, contribute and thrive.
Our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programmes that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
- Carrick YMCA wants to provide support and development opportunities for young people and vulnerable families within the Borough of Carrickfergus.
- We want the YMCA to be a place of hope, a place of safety, a place of learning, a place of trust, a place of support, a place of acceptance, a place of diversity, a place of challenge, and a place of opportunity for young people and vulnerable families.
- We want to provide opportunities for individuals to give time, for church groups, organisations, companies and statutory bodies to see real value in, and real impact from supporting Carrick YMCA.
We believe in creating an inclusive, fun and welcoming environment that encourages a sense of belonging. We are committed to celebrating our diversity, building strong relationships and treating each other with compassion and respect.
We recognise the contributions of all, and value their opinions. We are committed to being an organisation built on trust, honesty and openness.
We know our success comes from the passion, skills and dedication of our staff and volunteers. That is why we strive to nurture and empower them to grow and achieve.
All our programmes work towards to following strategic outcomes:
- Young people cope well with everyday life
- Young people feel good about themselves
- Young people are involved in their local community