posted Aug 29, 2011, 11:56 PM by email@example.com
updated Sep 15, 2011, 5:47 PM
The Muslim empires you have studied in chapter 2 based their rule on the Islamic religion. Islam remains
an important social and political force in modern Turkey, Iran, India, and Pakistan.
Directions: Work with a team to find out the status of Muslims in one of these countries today. Then
collaborate with the other teams to create a summary chart of these modern Muslim countries.
Using the Internet or other reference sources, determine the status of Muslims in your team’s
Questions to research:
- What role do Muslims play in the government?
- Do the country’s leaders promote religious tolerance? Explain.
- What is the overall economic status of Muslim population of your country?
- Do any other religions have an influence in the culture and politics? Explain.
- Create a Google Presentation to showcase your work. Share your doc with every member of your group and Miss Brown
- Each member should be in charge of one question. If you have 5 people in your group, two people may work together
- Presentations should have:
- Accurate Information
- Good Grammar and Spelling
- Creative Presentation (remember, sometimes the fewer words used is best).
- Be sure to Edit each others work, but don't take over another person's slides.
We will review the presentations after the quiz on Friday. Please have them completed for Friday's class.
| Turkey|| Najat, Kathryn, Neo, Andrew|
| Iran|| Tom, Jennifer, Masahiro, Emily, Michelle|
| India|| Chris, Thomas, Penelope, Sally|
| Pakistan|| Jin Woo, Amanda, Nabil, Joe|
Helpful site provided by classzone.com: