Presenter: Paula Vicenzi
Topic: Google Maps in the Classroom
Learn how to use Google Maps to use geography to bring meaning to content in your classroom. With the My Maps feature in Google Maps, you can mark locations, paths, and regions of interest on a personalized map. You can even add descriptive text, embed photos and videos, and view your map on Google Earth.
You will learn:
- How to access Google Earth User Guide and learn some of the features it offers
ex: Take a "walk down the Champs-Elysées in Paris", view a 3D terrain of a place, etc
- Different ways you can use Google maps in your content area.
You will leave this session with:
- a sample rubric (To make sure that students focus on the content and not on the technology!)
- directions to give to students on how to create their own map in Google Maps and download it into
- a sample grade sheet
- step by step directions for Creating Maps using My Maps
- exemplar of a student's Paris project