EXCLUSIONS AND EXEMPTIONS FROM SCHOOL ATTENDANCE
Denial of Admission
Denial of admission means the withholding of the privilege of enrolling in a school of the District.
The following shall be the grounds for denial of admission to school or diversion to an appropriate alternative program:
- Graduation from the twelfth grade of any school or receipt of any document evidencing completion of the equivalent of a secondary curriculum;
- Failure to meet the requirements of age by a student who has reached the age ofsix years at a time after the beginning of the school year, as fixed by the School Committee as provided in Massachusetts General Laws;
- Having been expelled from this District or any district in the Commonwealth
- Not being a resident of the District and the District has opted not to participate in the School Choice Law;
- Failure to comply with the provisions of the Massachusetts School Entry Immunization Law.
- Any student who has reached compulsory age (as defined by Mass General Laws) unless ELL or Special Ed.
LEGAL REFS.: M.G.L. 71:37H; 76:12; 76:12A; 76:12B
603 CMR 26:00
Approved: August 10, 2005
Legal Review: Attorney Tate (September 13, 2007)
Revised: September 24, 2007
1st Reading: October 9, 2007
2nd Reading & Approval: November 13, 2007