Below are the dates for standardized testing for the 2015-2016 school year. You are able to click on each test name, which is a link you can access to learn more about what the test measures, and how to best prepare for test day. I highly encourage you to explore the links, which are interactive sites that include sample test questions and career exploration tools.
- Tuesday September 29th: ASVAB Test - optional for Sophomores through Seniors interested in military opportunities. This test is FREE
- Wednesday October 14th: PSAT/NMSQT Test - optional for Juniors and requires a $14 fee
- Wednesday, November 4th: Freshman & Sophomore RTI Testing - Required
- Wednesday November 4th: Practice ACT - Required for all Juniors
This website (click link above) from ACT describes what your scores mean in each subject area as pertaining to college readiness on the ACT tests. Once on that website, you can view the standards for each subject on the left-hand side of the screen, or by clicking here.
- The score range on the ACT test is from 1-36
- Score Interpretation on Lumen: Standardized test scores for your student are now view-able through the Lumen portal. The assessment information included in the portal contains much of the same information that is included in the score reports that are sent home with your student after I have interpreted the test scores at school (i.e. subject-area scores and percentiles). However, Lumen also provides a percentage called the 'Achievement Indicator.' The Achievement Indicator is the percentage correct that your student achieved for the specified subject area.