Links/Sites‎ > ‎A+ Site‎ > ‎

A+ How Can I Apply?

How can I apply?

You do not have to complete a paper A+ Scholarship application for the MDHE.  Check with your community college or vocational/technical school to see what materials they require in order to confirm your A+ eligibility.  In most cases your school will require at least an A+ seal/stamp on your high school transcript.

In addition, you must complete the FAFSA each year.  If you are attending a school that does not participate in Title IV programs you must complete the FAFSA4caster, which is a tool for estimating your level of need for federal financial aid. 

The MDHE receives electronic FAFSA records for Missouri residents directly from the federal government.  Late filing may jeopardize your payment as well as eligibility for other state aid programs. 

For the summer term, check with the school you are attending to see which academic year (July 1 to June 30) contains the summer term. For example, if the 2016 summer term is part of the upcoming academic year (called a “header”), you would need to file a 2016-17 FAFSA in order to receive a summer award. If the 2016 summer term is part of the prior academic year (called a “trailer”), a 2015-16 FAFSA is required.

Although you must file a FAFSA for the correct academic year based on your school’s academic year, the MDHE will always provide funding for the summer term after July 1, even if your school considers summer to be a trailer to the previous academic year.